Thursday 5 November 2009

Preparations

So. I have decided to partake in a trans-continental bike ride that lasts 2 months, crosses 7 african countries and nearly 4,000 miles - a little daunting to say the least! Secondly, this is my first attempt at writing a blog, so i will try to make it as easy to read as possible.

I am taking part in the 'Tour D'Afrique' bike expedition that runs annually from Cairo to Cape Town. The tour is broken up into sections and a rider can choose to do one section or the entire tour. I have chosen to do 5 sections, starting in Nairobi and riding all the way to the finish in Cape Town. I would have loved to do the whole thing but i simply cannot afford to do the entire thing, therefore i decided that if i could only do half then i would do the second half!

If you want to find out some more information about the history of the tour or anything else then check out www.tourdafrique.com

I will be riding for the charity 'WaterAid' which aims to provide clean drinking water and hygiene education in many countries across the world. This charity appealed to me most because it will be helping many of the countries that i will be cycling through and i think the tour is going to make me appreciate just how precious water is to us. If you would like to sponsor me then have a look here: www.justgiving.com/jacobwarner

Hopefully i will get into the swing of this blog thing and post some regular updates for you to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment