Sunday 7 March 2010

The Bike











So its less than a week before I leave and i'm getting very excited. Sorry for the lack of activity on my blog recently, i've been spending alot of time organising bike stuff and packing.
Anyway, i thought i would share some pictures of my beautiful bike with you. It is a specialized 'crosstrail' hybrid bike. Basically, its half mountain bike half road bike, rides like a beast! My favourite features is the 28" 700c rims which are much more stable than the 26" rims i used to ride on. You get more distance per pedal and a better riding position. I have 'modified' some features of the bike (I use this expression very lightly as I have no clue in regards to modding bikes). Without further addoo, here's some snaps:












The saddle I have chosen is the classic british 'Brooks' saddle, extremely comfortable and sturdy. Behind it is my 5litre expanding post pack which will hold my camera, spare tubes, pumps etc. I have been recommended the Schwalbe Marathons from a number of different sources and I hope they live up to their 'bullet proof' claims. These tyres make the bike look very slick and it is a nice illusion as it looks like a hulking beast with its wider 700-45c tyres on. I am having it packed up tommorow so hopefully it will arrive in Nairobi just as you are seeing it today.

Taraa

No comments:

Post a Comment