Saturday 13 March 2010

I can't believe I am finally here...

I am finally here, the flight went fine, the bike and bags got here and I have met up with the tour. Yesterday was a crazy day of meeting all the riders and setting up my tent. The campsite is in a large compound and very safe, it is filled with domed tents and muddy bikes (mine sticks out like a sore thumb). The group are very friendly but extremely tired from all the riding. Some are even taking a week off as the trip reaches halfway and therefore they will miss my first two cycling days to arusha where I have three days off.
So far I have eaten pizza, full english breakfast and some mexican food. The riders tell me that this is the most luxurious food they have eaten all tour and Nairobi definatlely seems very modern. It is very hot but not umbearable, there was a party last night at the campsite for some reason so that was a good way to meet the people. I will upload photos next time when i have my memory card with me. I am very excited about my first cycling day tommorow and I will post again when I have some exciting stuff to show you.

Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment